Renovation is something you really can do forever, it is always something that can be restored or improved. Here you can read about my renovations, hopefully I can provide you with some tips and inspiration.
Since I made the driveway a little wider the edge along the street neded to be be adjusted.
New asphalt have been planned for the hole street and then also for our driveway. For that reason I started to create new edges along our garden to get a better contact to the asphaLt. In total 6 ton to take away.
I got the idea that it would be fun to make some details in the garden so I made to faces in the garden on some wood.
Before lifting the pump in place the piping behind the pump was done as well as a main switch for the electricity was installed. 09:39 the piping was almost complete and the main switch was installed. At 09:52 the installers tried to lift the pump directly from the floor to put it in place, but that was too difficult as I expected. 10:00 I Instead cut a few wooden bars and put one at a time under the machine shoes to get the pump higher up. It was then much easier to lift it to the side by the installers. At 10:10 it was completly in place, thus it took only 10 min extra to get it in place, compared to if it would not be in need of lifting, after I started with the wooden bars. If anyone do the same I really recommend to draw it in 3D in advance, I did that and without that 3D drawing it would be much harder to know what could happen during the lift. A key to get the machine shoes in the correct positions was an edge on each side of the stand, it really helped to center the pump.
Today the geothermal hoses were placed in the ground, entering the heating room from the floor. Since the pump would not be able to stand on the floor directly due to all connections I built a stainless steel stand for it. It was design to withstand 1000 kg and reduce 80% of the vibrations above 1000Hz at a load of 400kg (the weight of the pump filled with water).
When the drilling was done it looked like in this picture. The pipe is just sticking up from the ground temporarily, when everything is connected it will be in the ground.
We have a very narrow road with no place for a truck to turn around, definitly not with a trailer. This forced the driver that came with the drilling machine to drive in reverse the whole way, with a trailer. It was impressive since no big maneuvers could be done. With the machine positioned at the right spot the drilling was started with a target to reach a depth of 190m. It was calculated the 155m would be sufficient to heat the hole house and garage, together 220m^2 but we will have some margin as well. Unfortunatly the compressor started to leak so the hole was not possible to complete this day since it took some time to fix it.
It felt like we had enough decoration when we was living in an apartment before, but in the house the docoration was completly swollowed by the surrounding. With other words, now we have a reason to put up more decoration.
As many of the pipes are too close to each other it would not be possible to seal this area with any kind of carpet. Instead the paint based water sealing system from Kiilto was used, it is called KeraSafe. First the K1 paint was used in three layer. During the painting it had really low viscosity but after it became dry it was like a glossy top coating. The K2 paint was like an opposite to K1 as it had a high viscosity during painting and felt as normal paint after the dry time. K2 paint was painted as a thick layer in the corner and along edges before prepressed corner parts were placed in the wet paint. In the end two K2 layers were also painted over the whole surface. A good thing to know is that even though I painted more layers with the K1 paint I used about 1/4 more of the K2 paint. If you paint a whole room this ratio can probably be neglected as the wall surface will be the biggest part of the paint job but in corners with a lot of pipes, as in this case, the wall surface is a small job in comparison to sealing all irregularities.
For this work we hired Mattcentret to do the job as they anyway will put the new water sealed floor in the room and the added price to prepare the floor was not much compared to doing it ourself. The guy that came to start the job noticed that the piping for the heating system would not be possible to seal completly with a wet room carpet, thus creating a problem for the installation to be approved. After some discussion we agreed upon a solution that would make it approved, I would need to cast a platform in the corner that the wet room carpet could attach to and later use a rubber paint that is approved to seal the surface of the platform.
To get a rigid wall under the stairs some reinforcement was done with more beams.
It is important to remove any loose material before applying any other product on the surface if one want the best possible result.
The pictures talk for themself, it is better to not have a fan at all compared to what was installed. We removed it and started to look for a new fan to be installed later.
Today I and my fiancé moved in to our first house owned by us. We don't really move out all the stuff today as we first want to paint some walls and then it is just unnecessary to bring all the stuff as well. But before getting to work with even the tiniest renovation project we walked around and check that everything is as it was when we wrote the contract a few weeks ago. It´s many square meters to check and take quite a lot of time to do it properly, but finally and after some extra cleaning we thought we could relax in our indoor spa together. In reality the jet streams was flushing out brown water and could make many people terrified. So we used decinfection and cleaning powder especially to be used for this purpose, something that took us several hours to be done with. It became late so it ended up being left as a thing to test to take a bath in another day.